So you stopped hanging out with the kids.
You are rocking clubs on location, touring around the nation. Getting paid along the way 'cause it's worth your while. Or maybe you’re a vinyl head. A man or woman who needs a stable turntable.
In both cases, we’ve got something for you. A software that is just like Cross DJ, but optimized for professional use.
Cross, CDJ’s best friend.
All clubs have standard hardware, and this standard is: Pioneer CDJs. Reason is, CDJs are EXTREMELY solid. So if you play in clubs, you play on CDJs. But anyway. Cross works extremely well with Pioneer. Why? Because Mixvibes develops rekordbox for Pioneer. Playing with Cross is like having the confort of your computer, but in the club. All the features are mapped the same way, from Slip mode to pitch bend. And all you need is a laptop + 2 USB cables. No soundcard required.
(Please note that Cross works with the entire Pioneer range - CDJ2000nexus, CDJ2000, CDJ900, 850, 400 and 350).
Vinyl emulation system
Since the company's inception, Mixvibes' engineers are experts in vinyl emulation. Having pioneered this technology gives Cross an outstanding level of performance. Now, mix all your MP3s with that true vinyl feel you love. It’s also the only way to scratch the latest SoundCloud™ tune of this underground producer, or the voice of your 3 year-old daughter.
A complete DJ software, at a reasonable price.
Boring alert : All the text below is pretty much the same as Cross DJ.
You got this tune in mind. Load it, kick it. Press Sync to match BPMs. Yes, making a smooth transition is more than easy. Of course, Cross has all the features that other DJ software have. Waveforms, Cue/Play/Sync, mixer, pitch, hot cues, scratching, loops, effects. Everything you need if you’re serious about DJing. And it’s just, how do you say, more affordable.
Kick it with 4 decks.
Each deck of Cross is a remix platform to create your own sound. Play with 8 hot-cues and loops. Store, rename and move them back and forth. Jump instantly from one to another. Turn 2 decks into 8-pad samplers. Get creative with the CDJ-like slip mode. Move within the track without skiping a beat with Smart Seek. And put quantize mode on to make sure that everything you do is on the beat. So your mix has this musical groove that makes the girls dance.
(Oh and we haven’t talked about the 4 decks. Well, there are 4 decks. It’s nice, especially as there is a special Sync-Link mode where every deck follows the Master, CDJ 2000 Nexus style.)
Same track management as rekordbox™
Cross and rekordbox™ are both developed by Mixvibes' team of developers. rekordbox™ is the software used by 99,99% of pro DJs when they mix in clubs. That’s why Cross is the shortest path from your room to the club.
And in clubs, you know that dancefloor doesn’t lie. The crowd only moves if your beats are synced. So if you’re obsessed with BPM control, you’ll be happy with Cross. It features:
- parallel waveforms (2 tracks displayed alongside each other)
- sync-meter (visual feedback for track sync)
- flexible beat-grid editor (for low-quality and old mp3s)
It’s all about controllers, turntables and CDJs.
DJing is about twisting knobs and pushing faders. That is why every major MIDI controller is already mapped - with flexible user mapping for maximum customization. That is why in Cross, you can control turntables and club standard CDJs. That is why the workflow is similar to all the Pioneer CDJs and rekordbox. So when you step up in a club, you feel at home. That is also why we designed big waveforms to help you visualize music. One glance at your laptop and you’ll know if this track is going to end soon, or if you can continue talking to this blond girl over there.
Compatible with your soundcard and your software
Mixvibes’ philosophy is to be as open as possible. What does it mean? Cross DJ is compatible with every soundcard. You can import music from rekordbox or any DJ software, without any third-party software. All it takes is one click. So you can switch and feel at home in seconds.
iPad & iPhone Remote control.
There are 1000 situations when a DJ wants to mix away from the decks:
- He needs to go to the toilet
- He is chatting with somebody about Entourage’s last season
- He’s eating a Korean Barbecue
So kick back and relax - we’ve got you covered. Cross DJ remote is an iOS app with all the controls for Cross in it. It is also a nice second screen. Check it out now on the App Store:
World’s first rekordbox™ sync
CDJ-2000NXS are the club standard. All it takes is a USB stick and you’re ready to rock any venue. However, at home, some people use DJ software with CDJs, controllers or DVS. To retrieve their hot cues, loops and playlists in the club's CDJ-2000NXS, they have to prepare their music in rekordbox™. With rekordbox sync, what is already prepared in Cross DJ is automatically reflected in rekordbox™.
Cross DJ becomes the perfect software for CDJ-2000NXS users.
It’s now possible to use your Cross DJ collection inside rekordbox™. Get the best of both worlds. As Mixvibes develops Pioneer’s rekordbox™, Cross DJ is the only software to offer this compatibility.
Easy sync between Cross DJ and rekordbox.
In rekordbox™, the Cross DJ collection is displayed in the bridge panel. Automatically syncs:
- Playlists, smartlists, folders, track metadata.
- Hot cues, memory points, loops (Each hot cue in Cross DJ is saved as a memory point in rekordbox™. Additionally, hot cues 1, 2, 3 are saved as hot cues A, B, C).
Additionally, Cross DJ makes the preparation process easier: test mix tracks on two decks, or set hot cues in seconds using Smart Seek.
Pre-recorded samples included.
Cross comes bundled with 8 sample banks from Loopmasters, a company well known for providing only the highest quality royalty free sounds and samples from some of the best artists and producers worldwide.
Use them on the third channel to empower your mix, smoothen your transitions or just add a twist.
- 4 players
- 2x 8 pad samplers
- Ultra-accurate synchronization for ultra-easy beat matching
- Sync link mode (with master deck)
- Complete DJ Mixer with 3-band EQ, volume faders, cross-fader, level meters and direct access bi-filter
- Parallel waveforms and track overview display
- Modular user interface
- Smart seek (jump playback position using increments of 1/32 to 32 beats)
- Snap and quantize
- Slip mode
- 8 hot cues/loops per track
- Hot sampling
- Advanced beat grid editor for tracks with irregular bpm
- Auto loops (1/32 to 32 beats)
- Built-in key detection engine
- Dynamic key control and display (harmonic or classic notation)
- Pitch fader and pitch bend
- Pitch range from 4% to 100%
- 14 audio effects
- Audio Recording
- iTunes integration
- Advanced media management (smart playlists, in-key tracks hightlighted, filter search, color coding, tag editing,...)
- Import libraries from rekordbox™ and other DJ software (TRAKTOR™ , VIRTUAL DJ™ ,...), including beat grid and hot cues
- History playlist to keep track of previous sessions
- Loopmasters sample banks offered
- Over 60 MIDI controllers support (PIONEER™ , HERCULES™ , NUMARK™ , etc.)
- Mapping editor with macros
- Advanced audio routing
- External soundcard support
- All main audio formats compatible : MP3, M4A, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, AAC, …
- 5 languages supported
- Cross DJ Remote iPhone & iPad application support
- Video Plug-in available
Minimum System Requirements
(with timecode control)
- Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.6
- Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8 GHz or Intel Core i3 @ 2.1 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- Screen resolution 1280 x 720 pixels or higher
- One available USB port
- Hard drive space for music