Powerful tools at your fingertips
• Practice DJing with basic features: access your iTunes library, sync the tracks and mix them together.
• Remix your tracks with advanced features: scratch the sound, loop parts of the tracks and add effects.
• Play live with pro features: edit accurate beat grids, set hot-cues and pre-listen with split output mode.
Mix on a professional DJ app
• Cross DJ for iPad is designed as a controller: jog wheels, Cue/Play/Sync, full-fledged mixer. So when you step up to regular decks, you instantly know how to deal with it!
• At home, plug your app to speakers and mix like on a real DJ setup. This is it : you’ve got the thinnest controller ever.
• At a gig, just connect your iPad to the external mixer. Use Cross DJ for iPad as a regular DJ software. Yes, it’s like a computer, but smaller.
2 loop modes
• Normal loop: When you exit the loop, the track continues playing from the end of the loop.
• Slip mode loop: When you exit the loop, the track continues playing from the point it would have reached if you had never entered the loop.
• Different lengths of loops, from 1/32th to 32 beats
Advanced iTunes music management
Cross DJ for iPad takes advantage of the iPad media management paradigm with a fluid, rapid and intuitive browsing and loading. You can access easily all iTunes playlists and filter the media collection using a smart Dynamic Triple Criteria Filter.
• Direct access to your iPad iTunes library and smart search with multicriteria filters
• Sort tracks by BPM, title, artist, album or genre
Automix and Autogain
Add tracks or playlists to the autoplay queue, and let it go. Note that transitions are smooth and customizable. Select the transition time and activate auto-sync. Edit track order, remove some or shuffle the queue. Best of all: if using other apps, use iOS’s native controls to skip tracks or stop playback.
Oh, and there is also an auto-gain feature. It basically puts all tracks at the same volume, which is great for mixing old songs with new ones. Additionally, it helps focus on EQs.
Awesome feature set
• 2 vinyl decks with realistic scratch
• Complete DJ mixer : 3-band EQ, volume faders, cross-fader and level meters
• 14 Audio FX: Low-Pass, Hi-Pass, Echo, Delay, Phaser, X-Phaser, Flanger, Jet, Chopper, Crush, Brake, Roll, Cut, Bliss
• Auto loops (1/32 to 32 beats)
• Parallel waveforms and track overview display
• 6 hot cues
• Ultra-accurate sync engine and ultra-fast beat matching
• Live Beat grid editing
• Pitch fader and pitch bend - Pitch range from 4% to 100%
• Keylock mode
• Split output function for headphones monitoring*
• Multi-audio for USB compliant multichannel soundcard
• External mixer audio routing mode (channel A and B are routed to different outputs)
• Audio via Bluetooth
• All main audio formats compatible : MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF, …
• Optimised graphics for the Retina technology
* Requires Mixvibes’ DJ CABLE
MIDI Control (in-app purchase)
The app can be controlled by well-known controllers. Actually, it’s the first time some of these controllers can be used with an iPad.
8 controllers get iPad mixing for the first time (requires Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit):
- Mixvibes U Mix Control Pro
- Mixvibes U Mix Control Pro 2
- Pioneer DDJ-WeGo
- Numark Mixtrack Pro
- Numark Mixtrack Pro 2
- Hercules DJ Console RMX 2
- Hercules DJ Control Instinct
- Hercules DJ Control AIR
And 2 others popular iOS designed controllers are mapped:
- Vestax Spin2
- Numark iDJ Live